Saturday, September 02, 2006

How YOU doin'?

Sorry- been watching a lot of Friends episodes.

Just wanted to say that (of course) the September issue of Mag Knits is out. I have already printed out the pattern for Honorine. Because, as we all know, I am working on two sweaters right now, having never actually finished one in its entirety. I definitely need to get cracking on one more. But it's cute, no?

Speaking of both sweaters, well....

Oh hell, I am bored. BORED. Especially with the black Wool-Ease and the 3-1 ribbing on Tubey. As much as I know I will like the finished project much more without colorful stripiness adding inches and drawing atention to my basoomas, the unending black is KILLING me. And I can't just zone out, because I am knitting in the round and it will become stockinette as soon as my mind begins to wander.

Tajah is still in its initial stages- also stockinette but the Berroco Softwist seems to have a "split personality", if you know what I mean. The stuff feels like a dream, but it is splitty. I also changed from my ratty aluminums to the Lantern Moon Ebony needles, because that stuff is also slippery as all get out, and I was dropping stitches all over the place.

Um, although I am talking about being bored, have I even touched the tree skirt? Hell no. I started another project.



Hey, I am using stash yarn, so shut up already, voices in my head!

It's the felted Pi Kitty Bed from Wendy Knits. Aha, mindless stockinette, but constantly changing striping is keeping me relatively sane. I am using different brands of wool together with wild abandon, thus tempting the forces of evil to give me something resembling a pancake at the end of this, so please say a quick prayer to the felting faeries on my behalf.

Is it sad that I am almost halfway done?

Also- The KnitPicks Options interchangeable needles I have been coveting?

They have been endorsedendorsed by none other than theYarn Harlot.

I have been holding out because, let's face it, I have 2 sets of Boye and one of Denise, not to mention my ridiculous collection of straight needles.(I was a little over-enthusiastic as a new knitter, OK?) I should probably put both sets of Boye on Ebay because I never use them, but I love my Denise set......oh hell, I need the Options too. Right? It's always good to have options.

No comments: